11 September 2012

Nicki Minaj Finally Clarifies Republican Rap Lyrics


Barack Obama made a presidential phone-in to Orlando radio this morning. The on-air conversation strayed from politics to pop culture, as the deejay brought up the Nicki Minaj verse that recently stirred some controversy. Nicki was quoted on Lil Wayne’s “Mercy Track” as saying “”I’m a Republican voting for Mitt Romney, you lazy b*tches is f*cking up the economy,” spawning speculations of a Romney endorsement. The president took a moment to address the line:

“I’m not sure that is actually what happened. I think she had a song on there, a little rap that said that. But, she likes to play different characters. So I don’t know what’s going on there.”

Obama was also asked if daughters Sasha and Malia actively listened to the female rapper. The prez coolly responded,” “I don’t think they really listen to Nicki Minaj that much.”

UPDATE: Nicki Responded on Twitter.


@NickiMinaj: Ha! Thank you for understanding my creative humor & sarcasm Mr. President, the smart ones always do… *sends love & support* @BarackObama

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...